Thursday, January 20, 2011
growth is painful, even moreso when it is self inflicted
I have been dealing with my own maturity level lately. I am slowly learning what it is like to be a single person. Sometimes it is a joy to be alone, sometimes it is difficult. I have some very special friends in my life, and they are there for me when I am at my lowest. I have a particular friend that I rely on heavily, and sometimes I demand his attention when he has issues of his own to deal with. I have made myself some rules, such as they are, and they are meant to help me be alone and thus reduce my reliance on him. I value his advice and I know that if I continue my random histrionics, I will lose my strongest ally. To have that happen would solely be caused by my words and actions. Mine alone. I've never had such a friend, and I believe neither has he. It is true friendship, something I may have had from time to time, but never like this. Never this depth of compassion, the almost palpable waves of empathy that bathe me in reassurance and love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment