We used to be able to do so many things together, we had so many ways to work together. We could both be washing the car in a self serve booth and whoever had the hose never got the other one wet. We camped. We lived in a van for 3 months. We were electricians together. We ran a business together. We sailed an awesome boat in some pretty big waters.
Sometimes my heart says ... really? is this how it ends? ... really?
Over thirty three years together ends. And I'm the one that pulled the trigger. Pulled the pin. Left.
But every time I see him since then, I've had reinforcement in one way or another that I made the right move.
He bought a used pickup truck on a Saturday. The following Monday he had to be in Denver for two weeks. So it has sat in a public parking lot with no legal plates on it, although it is insured and FSO has the title. Anyway, when FSO got back from Denver there were three parking tickets.."No Overnight Parking" even though there had been many occasions where we'd left both the family car and my antique car overnight for weeks...So he asked me if there would be time for me to call and try to make the tickets go away.
wtf. isn't this what i've been saying all along? Can't you do this for yourself?
No comments:
Post a Comment